Ohler & Holzhauer was founded in 1915 by Adam Ohler and Albert Holzhauer. The business was originally located in Port Clinton, Ohio at the corner of Madison and First (now Perry) Street in a small wood frame building. The business then moved to 103 Madison Street. Mr. Holzhauer’s son Robert took over the business in the 1960’s. In 1970, Frank Dubbert became Vice President of Ohler & Holzhauer, eventually taking over the business in its entirety upon the death of Mr. Holzhauer in 1972.
In 1987, Frank Dubbert purchased the old Clinton Theatre building at 216 Madison Street, Port Clinton, Ohio. Ohler & Holzhauer relocated there after extensive renovations, including a new roof and leveling of the theatre floor. At this time Frank’s son David became more involved in the company and today operates Ohler & Holzhauer out of this same downtown Port Clinton location.
Owner Dave Dubbert
The company started out servicing customers by using bicycles for transportation and carpetbags to transport their tools. The company’s first service vehicle was a Ford Model T truck with the company name on the side. Today, Ohler & Holzhauer has a fleet of service vehicles.
Still a family owned and operated business, Ohler & Holzhauer strives to continue to uphold the tradition of quality service and customer care that began in 1915.